Larry and I had never left the girls overnight with the exception of when I was in the hospital after having them:) We decided to head to Las Vegas (a fun place we loved to go every Spring pre-family) and our friends Tim and Megan decided to join us. We really had a great time with them.
We really made the most of every moment of the 4 days, 3 nights we were there. On the second day we ran/walked (according to my FitBit so I know it's fairly official) 21 miles - 8 miles we ran and the rest we walked in 24 hours. It helps when you are awake for 20 hours in a 24 hour period though:)
We're not huge gamblers at all but thought since we were in Vegas, we'd play a little bit. I hit it lucky at the penny slot machine after spending a total of $3.30 and won $116! At that point I decided I was way ahead of where I started and knew it was time to cash in for the trip.
The highlights were hitting a Cirque du Soleil show, lots of yummy restaurants, hitting the dance floor (with Larry's "Night Train" moves as you may recall from our wedding, and hitting the pool daily.
We couldn't have enjoyed it any more knowing our girls were in great hands with their grandparents. Grandma Baier stayed with them for part of the time and Grandpa and Grandma Mauk stayed for the other half at our house. They all did wonderful although it was nice to get lots of love from Lauren and Ella all week afterwards in appreciation of missing us. We are SO very thankful for all their help as we couldn't have gone without their help. Ella kept telling me, "Mom-I really missed you!" I guess perhaps distance makes the heart grow fonder:)
 |
| "I can't believe I just won $116!" |
 |
| Megan and I outside the Bellagio - at 3:00 a.m. - notice we had no problems with random people in this photo |
 |
| Blue Man Group (at our hotel) |
 |
| Larry and I enjoying our vacation:) |
 |
| Larry doing his "night train moves" |
 |
| Our pool...could have spent all day here but for my skin's sake, I didn't...and I used SPF 50! |
 |
| Enjoying a "smoothie" (alcohol free of course!) when we went for dinner after getting back |
 |
| Fun with Grandpa and Grandma Mauk |
1 comment:
Your trip looks so fun and relaxing!!! So glad you got to go:)
Way to go on the 8 miles!
Post a Comment